Well after a failed attempt at a round of golf due to gusty winds we headed to downtown Henderson. We spent the afternoon wondering the Water District and the International Food Festival that was taking place today. We enjoyed the sights, sounds, smells, and of course tastes of many different countries. We watched a Venezuelan dance routine, ate some delicious Japanese and Navajo food, and purchased a loaf of Irish Soda bread that reminded us of "loads" of fun times in Belfast. The wind was a little scary though tossing the tents about. Afterwards we dashed off to Saturday mass and then to the new Town Square District for a movie. I could get used to Saturdays off:) On a sad note today we learned that Amanda Jane passed who was the furry companion of our mentors and friends the Trotter's. I cared for AJ in their home back in Oklahoma for many years. She will be missed.

Navajo Taco

Pad Thai


Venezuelan Dancers

Festival Booths

Amanda Jane
1 comment :
I am SO out of the loop!! I didn't know about AJ. :( I also learned about Vergie by accident. Did you know she passed away in December? So sad. She was an incredibly sweet lady.
Post a Comment