Wednesday's diabetes week topic is
what brings me down. Unfortunately this one comes far too easy. When we're in the grocery store and my 3 year old asks how many carbs are in something. When she says I hope I'm low so I can have a snack. When I tell her Grant has to get immunizations and she says "oh no mommy does he have diabetes too"? When other kids are enjoying snacks in front of her and she can't have them. When she says I have diabetes. When she cries and fights us changing out her sensor on Friday nights. When I see a picture of her before diabetes.
When I think about sleep overs and trips to grandparents. When she's just gotten her insulin and we see a snow cone stand or get invited for ice cream. When there's a birthday party at school and she has to bring her cake home to eat with dinner. When she says glucometer, lantus, insulin, or anything D related. When she sits by herself at lunch so her teachers can count her carbs eaten. When I feel alone. When she says glucometer, lantus, insulin, or anything D related. When I hear that someone else has been diagnosed...
Yet no matter what gets us down we have so much to be thankful for we don't let the lows get us down long. I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard because it is. It sucks. I hate it (and we're not supposed to say hate;) but IT. IS. WORTH. IT. Everyday is worth it.
#blessed
Through all the highs and all the lows hold fast to hope-cure type 1
No comments :
Post a Comment